Thursday, March 12, 2015

Fitness Fails

I have this annoying habit of starting strong then laying low in the middle and more often than not, I don't get to see the end of what I'm trying to accomplish. 

One of my goals this year is to get fit and eat healthier (when was this never a goal? :l). I was doing well in January but I suddenly stopped in February since I started working nights that I prefer trying to get some sleep than work out. I also gave up in eating healthier because I was thinking hey, I deserve those potato salads with bacon bits since it's a struggle staying up at night. Excuses!

I am now filled with regret that I gained back all the pounds I have lost and I don't feel good about myself anymore. My clothes don't fit and I'm having a difficulty in breathing, which happens everytime I gain more than necessary. It's also frustrating when people keep on pointing out the obvious. 

Two days ago, I started working out again and I challenged myself to a military diet. Today, I was so tired after Zumba class and I miss eating 1pc chicken mcdo with rice, fries and coke. I looked at myself in the mirror thinking this is hopeless that I wanted to quit and make "acceptable" excuses. 

Good thing, I found a note on my wall which I wrote in January that says "You'll get there, keep going". Quitting everytime I feel like it is so much easier than fighting off every craving and body pain that I tend to always choose the latter. I know I can do better than this, I just need to focus on my goal. Aja! E

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...