Monday, August 13, 2012

Reading will always be my first love.





“Reading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul.” 




Lately, I've been spending a lot of my time watching Korean dramas, American series, movies and even anime. Thanks to online sites where I can freely watch/download even the latest episodes of series I love to watch and to my brother who constantly download movies, it has been easier for me to watch whenever as long as I have internet connection or my laptop. :)

As I was watching a Korean historical drama, there was this character who loves reading and actually enjoys it that she can spend an entire day just reading. Then I remember my younger days when online world wasn't as easy as it is now.I remember spending most of my time at home reading books and I actually enjoy it. Sometimes, I get excited that I even finish a book in one sitting. 

I kinda miss the days when all I needed were a good book, imagination and sometimes dictionary/thesaurus to entertain myself. I've decided to make "reading" a habit once more. I've downloaded few ebooks such as Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice and other classic novels that I've been curious of (plus I couldn't seem to find free latest ebooks ) but since the great Christian Grey is making some noise in Twitter world, I've decided to read the Fifty Shades Trilogy first. (Thanks to my friends who sent me the ebooks) My curiosity is killing me so I decided to finally give in.  I've heard a fair share of negative criticism about it but I guess as long as I read with an open mind not mention I am of age then it would be fine. :) 

Do you enjoy reading as much as I do? Any suggestions for good reads?

Happy Monday! :)








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...