Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Landline by Rainbow Rowell

I like Ranbow Rowell's novels - I got hooked to Fan Girl, Eleanor and Park got me giddy and Attachments isn't bad either. Now, Landline is just what I needed at this point in time as a reminder that what I have now is so beautiful.


I'm supposed to write a review but I suck at giving such. I could post a summary but wikipedia already has that. So that leaves me with what? Hehe. 

I guess I'll end this post by saying I really like the book. I like how imperfect Georgie is, how she's sure of the things she wants, how she's a writer of comedy, how affectionate she is as a mom and how crazy she is for Neil. Neil on the other hand is a mystery, a man of few words and he may not be sure with a lot of things but he's sure of Georgie. I like how Georgie is Georgie and Neil is Neil and how they can be who they are when together. I like Alice and Noomi, they're too cute! I like Seth and Scotty too. It feels right that they exist. I even like Georgie's momma and Heather... And the pugs. Haha. I like that Dawn is there not be liked for I like too many things already. Of course, who doesn't like magic. It's a bit creepy but I like it anyway. 

Here are some of my favorite lines. 

“I love you,” he said. “I love you more than I hate everything else.”

“Georgie. You cannot be jealous of Dawn—that’s like the sun being jealous of a lightbulb.”

Reading is never a waste of time so read it, fall in love and find your Neil (he's not really the Edward Cullen/Christian Grey type but you'd know what I mean when you read it). And oh, I already found mine. :) E

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...