Sunday, March 30, 2014

New beginnings.

For so many years, my life was steady or so I think. All I had to think of was where to go next, dreaming dreams, find a job that I'd love, which korean drama to watch, what book to read next and all those sort of things. 

I never thought many big, life-changing events/things can happen in a span of 6 months. Think: bumping into my past, death in the family, falling in love, being from a (complicated) relationship to a normal and happy one, gone jobless, getting engaged (WEEEEE!!!! Sorry, I still get kilig and I still can't believe it sometimes), experiencing LDR, finding a job that I love and a 360 degrees change of perspective. It was crazy! I still sometimes wonder how I am still sane up to this day. 

Never had I imagined losing not only one but two of my family members who are close to my heart in a span of less than a week - my aunt and grandpa (sorry I had to start with the sad part). I still miss them everyday and wonder what would it be like had they been here to witness the other life changing parts. It was so sudden, unexpected and heartbreaking. Had I known, I would've spent more time with them. Aaah, regret. So, while you still can, spend more quality time with people you care about, forgive, forget and let go (i'm still working on this, though) and never miss a moment to show them how much you love them. 

Would you believe that after waiting for so long I am finally in love again... with the same guy I fell in love with 8 years ago. Everything happened so fast and we just knew that after bumping into each other while jogging that one afternoon and catching up a few times, we got it bad! 

With him, I never really need to think things through (how to act, the right words to say etc.) I never felt the need to be someone else but myself. Everything felt the way it should exactly be felt, there was no less or more -- with the way we held hands, the way we kiss and how we complement each other with our differences. It's as if we never were apart for a very long time. It didn't stop there. Before we flew to Canada, he proposed! Yup, I am engaged to the man who loves me as much as I love him... just as I dreamed of. I sound crazy in love and too much, I know but that's how it is for me.  

I'm not saying that everything is perfect because it isn't. Like any other, we have our fair share of misunderstandings but like we used to, we never let a day end without talking things through. I'd like to go on and on how much I love this guy and how much he makes me happy but I've been doing that a lot lately so I'd spare you of the cheesiness... For now. ;p

So, I finally found a job that I love. I enjoy learning new things, spending time with super fun and friendly colleagues and most importantly, it never felt a chore waking up in the morning and preparing for work. Plus, if given a chance, I see myself growing in a company who makes their employees feel thay they truly matter. Yay for me! 

I wasn't kidding when I said that I had a 360 degrees change of perspective. One day, I woke up not wanting the things that I used to want, planning the things that I never thought I'd plan again and seeing a clear picture of how I want my future to be. In a span of 6 months, I felt that I've matured more than I did in the last 6 years. You may or may not agree with me but I sure feel different, in a good way. 

Our experiences, be it good or bad hone us into something and it's up to us how we let ourselves be honed. I say, accept (the bad), embrace (the good) and learn (from both). E






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...