Thursday, October 6, 2011

Who Inspires You?

I look up to people who make a difference in other people's lives. As I was checking my Facebook homepage today, I saw these two videos, inspiring videos that made me teary-eyed and that truly touched my heart.


Think Different. "Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify and vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as crazy, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." (copy paste from youtube)

Like anyone else, I've always wanted to change the world but I thought I'm too normal or if not my weirdness is not enough to do so but look at those people, they were once normal kids with huge dreams and they were able to do it. You know why? because they believed.

Sadly, Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Inc passed away. I don't know why but I am much affected on the lost of someone who's got a great mind to begin with and who introduced awesome things. Age 56 is still young don't you think? but I'm pretty sure that he had lived an amazing life. Changing the world and touching people's lives is amazing right? Too bad I haven't met him and too bad I haven't bought a Macbook while he's still alive (just saying, not that it's a big deal). RIP Mr. Steve Jobs. You're the man!

-------

I always ask for more. I never get contented. I always make up excuses on why I can't do something. I sometimes waste my time daydreaming the things that I can do if only I have this and that or if only I can do this and that. If you're sometimes like me, this man will make you think again. 

Meet Nick Vujicic. He lacks limbs but that didn't hinder him to live and more importantly, to inspire people. 

Quoted from the video:
There are times in our life that we think "I can't do this, I can't do that". There are things that you wish you had although there are things that you wish you didn't have and you start to forget what you do have. Be thankful. It's a lie to think you're not good enough, it's a lie to think you're not worth anything. I LOVE LIFE. Being patient is beautiful. I tell you it's the hardest thing but I realized that I may not have hands to hold my wife's head but when the time comes I will be able to hold her heart. I don't need hands to hold her heart.


Be thankful, dream big and never give up.

When we are faced with fears and struggles in life, we only need to go to that one GOD and we'll make it through. Sometimes, I guess He sends people as instruments to inspire us like today I came across with these videos that impacted my perspective in life. Thinking about it, if only we'd look closer and pay attention to the people whom we ran across with everyday we'd find inspiration.

Inspiration. 

My mom inspires me to strive hard to live the life that I want. Mama Linda, my grandmother inspires me to love other people regardless of who they are. My brothers and sister motivate me (err I don't even know how but honestly they do. lol) My friends inspire me to discover new and awesome things with them. Chuva, my senior team leader inspires me to be disciplined and to be professional. My teammates inspire me to be a team player and work with them. 

So who inspires you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...